Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Todd Todd is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

On 10/02/2014 11:06 AM, Ian Field wrote:

> "Don Roberto" > wrote in message
>> On 9/30/2014 8:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
>>> Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals,
>>> but can still be done in the microwave?
>>>
>>> Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a
>>> microwave, but that general direction of food preparation.
>>>
>>> The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
>>> diabetic recipes.
>>>

>> Use your imagination: Improvise! Then check with your meter.

> As a non-insulin T2, the NHS won't give me a meter, so I'd have to buy one.
>
> Actually, I got a couple of meters from my salvage interests - but never
> quite organised an expedition to buy some strips.
>
> Last time I had a scheduled blood test I was a bit over, they increased
> my Metformin and re-tested. The results of that declared my blood sugar
> "under control".

Hi Ian,

Sounds like you are on track.

Have you though of backing off on the carbs and see if your
blood sugar goes down?

Here in the States, Walmart has great prices on meters and
supplies.

How did they test your blood sugar? Meter? A1c? Fructosamine?
The A1c is really sloppy. Off by about +- 25%. (I will
provide a paper on that to who ever asks nicely.)

-T