Posted to rec.food.preserving
[email protected] Bassboat@nowhere.com is offline

Default Foodsaver on sale __Need adsvice

Hi Ross,
We also got hit with 2 blights on the tomatoes this year. It cut down on
the amount of tomatoes but what I got tasted pretty good. Last year I put
24 Qts. of San Marzano Tomato sauce in the freezer but this year only 4
1/2 Qts. went in. Also the San Marzanos were about 1/3 of the size of
last year. I did spray with copper fungicide & the plants are still
producing new tomatoes as we speak. My Rose tomatoes are about 6 1/2 ft
high but are done producing. I already pulled the Defiants. They did well,
they are very resistant to blights.I also had good luck with beans this
year. I planted 8 different types of Heirloom beans. I canned 36 pints, 5
quarts og green snap beans. I canned 13 pints, 4 -1/2 pints of Dilly
beans. I put about 5 lbs. in the freezer, about 6 llbs in my belly. I also
abou 11-12 lbs. of dry beans. Not a bad haul. I also did well on the
Zucchini this year. My raspberry bushes produced another 22 lbs. this
year. I'll have to step up my Polish Raspberry Cordial production :-) And
I am an old geezer. I'll be 71 in January. John