Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Best of both worlds.

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Todd > wrote:
> : On 10/01/2014 04:59 PM, W. Baker wrote:
> : > Todd > wrote:
> : > : On 10/01/2014 11:10 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : > : >
> : > : >
> : > : > "Todd" > wrote in message
> : > : > ...
> : > : >> On 09/30/2014 08:56 AM, Ian Field wrote:
> : > : Hi Ian,
> : >
> : > : Metformin is nasty stuff. Makes your hair fall out, gives you
> : > : (sometimes permanent) insomnia, skin spots, and worst of all,
> : > : it makes you paranoid delusional. Yep everybody is picking
> : > : on you! It also has a rebound effect. When I initially went
> : > : drug free, each time I backed off on the dosage of Metformin,
> : > : my blood sugar went down. I also had to do A LOT of apologizing
> : > : to people I lashed out at. Fortunately, they all forgave me.
> : >
> : >
> : >
> : > I find this strange as I have been on Metformin now for some 17-18
> years
> : > with none of the effects you, tidd, have experienced. I will grant
> that
> : > some peol ehave bad results with different drugs, but one's own
> personal
> : > bad experience may well NOT be universal. If a drug causes problems
> for
> : > you you you should no be taking it, but that does nt mean that other
> folk
> : > should stop taking it if it works adn does not cause them your
> smptoms.
> : >
> : > Wendy
>
> : Hi Wendy,
> : The depression (crabbiness) and delusional paranoia creep up on you.
>
> : You may not be aware of it. I certainly was not aware of it until
> : I got off it. I truly though everyone was picking on me. When
> : I got off it, oh boy, did I have a lot of apologizing to do.
> : You have shown signs of the crabbiness to me in the past. The
> : way you can figure it out is to ask someone close to you that you
> : can trust to give you the unvarnished truth if you have become
> : a crabass.
>
> : People that can not longer sleep had it sneak up on them too.
> : They have said in blogs they never recovered and were not
> : able to sleep again.
>
> : And don't forget the rebound effect. Met is an allopathic drug,
> : meaning it is a controlled dosage of a poison meant to cause
> : a desired reaction. This can save your life. But over the long run,
> : your body will rebound to it. My blood sugar dropped each time
> : I backed off on the stuff.
>
> : You have been on Met for a long time and know how to cook
> : low(er) carb. You may be healed by now and not need it. If
> : you get off it to see, be careful when the "dark curtain" lifts.
> [...]

Yes, yes, yes. I have been here a lot longer than Todd and I have never
seen you be crabby. I can get crabby but I am a Cancerian and we are crabs.
I am normally not a crabby person, but when I come across people like Todd
who think their way is the only way, I sure do get crabby. I also have
great difficulty controlling my tongue. I just can't sit back and watch
wrong things being posted.