Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Best of both worlds.

Ian Field > wrote:
: Are there any recipes about for food that's cheaper than ready meals, but
: can still be done in the microwave?

: Probably not practical to boil the froth out of red beans in a microwave,
: but that general direction of food preparation.

: The BBC website has a recipe section - but last time I looked there, no
: diabetic recipes.

: Maybe if enough people asked, they'd do something about it.

Most green vegetables can be simply prepared in the microwave. I also do
a fish dish with plain(not breaded) fish sooked with onins salt and
pepper, slices fo green pepper adnsome tomatoes either ripe fresh or
canned. this can also be seasoned with some hot peppers or such or you
can use a salsa as the main cooking sauce. time depeds on the thickness
of the fish.

jut something off the to of my head.

Wendy