Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How do you peel an acorn squash?

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
eb.com...
> On 9/22/2014 10:22 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message

>>> On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 05:53:06 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> I do not see Ina Garten's recipe for butternut squash anywhere in your
>>> original post, or anywhere else in this thread.
>>>
>>> Doris

>> I'll quote it!
>>
>> ">>>I just looked up how to peel a butternut squash and realized
>> immediately

> Julie, you really didn't quote a recipe. See, this is the kind of thing
> that you get dinged about. You post on topic, then you act like a jerk
> when someone wants to help you. I don't know why anyone bothers anymore.

Why would a recipe be needed here? I said what was in it! Salt, pepper,
brown sugar and butter. I have in fact posted the recipe before. The time
when I actually made it with butternut squash. I asked about peeling the
squash. I did not ask about a recipe. I also said that I made a mistake
because initially I thought I had an butternut squash which is why I looked
up a recipe for butternut. The problem was a mind thing. My mind just
wasn't in the right place.

But I believe it is all over now. Several people have said that acorn
squash is not normally peeled. So I responded that the next time I make it,
I won't peel it. I have made it before and did not peel.

And sf had no trouble finding the recipe at all.