Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default things I learned recently

tert in seattle wrote:

>1. green beans are hard to cook right - there's a narrow tolerance for
>doneness

Green beans are easy cook precisely to whatever level of doneness you
prefer when stir fried.

>2. don't salt ground beef for hamburgers - salt the patties on each side
>rightbefore cooking - that's all you need

Salt burgers after cooking and most times added condiments add enough
salt... no one needs to add salt to ketchup and/or cheese... I like to
top burgers with smothered onions, and those are salted while cooking.

>3. it's easy to put too much garlic or salt in guacamole

It's even easier not to add too much, simply pay attention.

>4. there is definitely such a thing as too much rub

Depends who you're rubbing.