Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Short Ribs In Red Wine Sauce - Further adventure in Induction

On 9/1/2014 2:53 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Sep 2014 12:17:55 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:

>>> Drought.

>> At least 20 years ago, I remember complaining to the butcher in NJ about
>> how short ribs had gone up in price and were almost never available. He
>> said the Koreans were buying them up as soon as they got a shipment.

> From what I have seen on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, there are many
> more ethnic groups that prefer them. The same is true of oxtails,
> tails in general, ears and so forth.
> Janet US

Oxtails used to be considered scraps by many people. I made some oxtail
soup/stew earlier this year. Just had a craving. I was not thrilled
with the price of oxtails but it was delicious! I still have some in a
couple of containers in the freezer.

Jill