Posted to alt.food.wine
Steve Slatcher Steve Slatcher is offline

Default (Discussion) Wine made with "powders"

On 30/08/2014 04:08, st.helier wrote:

> Without wanting to start an argument (but in the interests of informed
> discussion) there is no such thing as "biodynamic wine" or "organic
> wine" - more correctly, these wines could be titled "wines made from
> grapes grown biodynamically" or "organically".

Er, also in the interests of informed discussion, in the nicest possible
way I need to tell you that you are are wrong

As far as I know there has been biodynamic wine for a long time. Here
is the relevant statement from Demeter, with the standard that covers
wine production:
http://www.biodynamic.org.uk/certifi...amic-wine.html

Regarding organic wine, you are probably thinking of old EU definitions.
It used to be the case that you could only claim that the grapes were
grown organically, but this changed a couple of years ago. And
elsewhere in the world, including the USA, there have been official
definitions of organic wine for a longer time:
http://www.frenchfoodintheus.org/spip.php?article3792

--
www.winenous.co.uk