Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cooking in Connecticut[_2_] Cooking in Connecticut[_2_] is offline

Default Pressure cooker cooking

I just used a pressure cookier for the first time in my life. It's an electric
one and my first recipe was out of the user manual for barbecue ribs.

The recipe called for a 3 pound rack of ribs, cut into pieces and set on edge in
the cooker. A 16 ounce bottle of barbecue sauce (I chose Jack Daniels) and a
half cup of water. They cooked for 25 minutes.

I opened up the cooker at the end of the cycle and tried one. They came out just
about falling off the bone as I wanted them. So they were cooked properly. But
the flavor could have been better. The sauce seemed watered down.

Before I try it again, what could I have done differently? Can I omit the water?
My understanding of these cookers is they need the right amount of liquid. Is a
half cup of water that necessary?

Thanks for any suggestions.