Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Tomato Sandwich

sf wrote:
>Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> I often do that too. I grow Sweet Success cucumber. it grows 14
>> inches long. It's great for making sour cream cucumbers.
>> Janet US

>How many people are you feeding with a single cucumber like that?

And here I wasn't going to comment on her fourteen incher. heh
I pick my kirbys at 4-5 inches but I'll dice a half dozen, that equals
like two fourteen inchers. Then add one large finely diced sweet
onion, a small bunch curly leaf parsley, and 4-5 medium red ripe home
growns diced. That fills a 1 1/2 quart bowl to the top. Then I mix
up a cup of oriental dressing, I don't measure, just eyeball; evoo,
apple cider vinegar, grated ginger, dark brown sugar, white pepper,
granulated garlic, soy sauce, sesame seed oil, msg. How many people
that feeds, just me... really not a lot, it's mostly water, an hour
later I'm ready to eat real food.