Posted to rec.food.preserving
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default And harvest begins

Put up 20 lbs of dill pickles, a dozen vac-sealed and blanched bags of
green beans, and have cooked down 7 gals of apples to about 4, with a
bit more reduction to go for apple butter.

We've allowed the neighbours to pick a lot of the apples, but I'll be
picking the top of the trees shortly, and we'll be making applesauce
and dehydrating the rest of the week...

Duck season opens in a week! Then geese, moose, deer... and elk. Let
sausage and jerky making season begin!

--
³Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness
sobered, but stupid lasts forever.² -- Aristophanes