Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mayo Mayo is offline

Default REQ: Cookie or bar cookie recipe for my radiation guys

On 8/25/2014 5:37 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
> I have the two cutest, nicest technicians who do my radiation. They are
> so helpful, sympathetic and gentle without ever being condescending.
>
> If I'm feeling up to it later this week, I'd like to make them some
> goodies.
>
> I was thinking of drop cookies or bar cookies which would not be a fuss
> and would be easy for them to store.
>
> My guys are of Mexican heritage, so I don't want to make anything
> ethnic, just something nice, easy for me and tasty for them.
>
> Would appreciate any ideas, preferably those using stuff one has in the
> house.

Well...

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Brown-Eyed-Susans-I/

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cream butter or margarine and 1/4 cup white sugar until light and
fluffy. Blend in almond extract. Add flour and salt; mix well.
Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place on ungreased
cookie sheet. Flatten middle of dough ball with thumb print. Bake 8 - 10
minutes or until golden brown around edges. Let cool.
To make Frosting: combine confectioner's sugar and cocoa. Add water and
vanilla and mix well. Place chocolate frosting into thumb print
indention of cooled cookies.