Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default The 20th Annual Schaller Ribbon Report

On 2014-08-22 01:40:06 +0000, Oregonian Haruspex said:

> On 2014-08-22 00:28:47 +0000, Melba's Jammin said:
>
>> It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Wait, that was
>> LAST year!!
>>
>> THIS was a good year! I am happy.
>>
>> Of 19 entries at the Great Minnesota Get-Together, our state fair,
>> opening today and continuing

> That's awesome. My late grandmother took quite a few prizes at the
> Minnesota State Fair for her pies and jams, as well as her kolaches.
>
> I have her recipe for kolaches but they never quite turn out as well somehow.

Hi, Bob -- what is your late grandmother's name? And did she come by
that interest in kolachky honestly? Slovak or Czech? :-) My People
are from NE Slovakia. AND, you should come visit the Minnesota State
Fair soon. It is the 12 best days of summer, donchaknow.
Barb
www.barbschaller.com, last update April 2013