Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Hello, Susan?

I have been getting these calls for a long time. The first time I got one,
I was picking my daughter up at school so it was probably May or June. The
call had come in while I was driving so I couldn't answer. When I played
back the voice mail, it was from someone at AARP about a job that Susan had
applied for. So I called the number back to tell them that they had the
wrong number but there was no answer. I left a message.

This same scenario played out several times. Couldn't answer. Voicemail.
Left message.

Finally I was able to get a live body when I called but each time, the woman
on the phone sounded very confused. She said there were 10 people who
worked there and she had no idea who had called.

But finally, just now, the woman called and I was able to answer. It was
AARP in Seattle. She sounded very astounded to hear that there was no Susan
here. Asked me if I was sure and even read back my phone number to me.

I hope that was the last of it. But AARP must be very desperate for a new
employee if they have been calling over a 3-4 month time span to try to
contact Susan!