Vox Humana

Default Help with Pureed Carrots in Cake

"Baldy Cotton" > wrote in message
> Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
> >I would like a recipe that uses pureed carrots BUT that does not have
> >pineapple or coconut in it. It does not have to be "low fat".

> Whether pineapple or coconut, both can usually be left out.
>
> Try substituing grated or chopped apples in equal amounts.

I would be careful about omitting the pineapple. Drained pineapple contains
about 18% water and it is acidic. You would have to substitute something
else to compensate for the moisture or increase the liquid. If that
substitute wasn't acidic, you would also have to change the leavening.
Apples would be a good substitute, but I don't think you could just leave
out the pineapple.