Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Faux tetrazzini

On Thu, 7 Aug 2014 18:17:12 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >, ost
>says...
>>
>> On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 09:23:54 -0400, Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> > I prepare tetrazzini often and rarely does it contain dairy, just a
>> > basic flour/veg oil/water bechamel (white sauce).

>> Uh, the two main ingredients that define a bechamel sauce are milk
>> and/or cream plus butter.
>>
>> -sw

> Durn pesky French wurdz, agin.
>
> Janet UK

I almost always make a roux of flour and olive oil, then add water to
make a white sauce... after seasoning and other ingredients added no
one can tell it contains no dairy, certainly would never know with
tetrazzini, a la king, meat pies, even SOS. The roux for gumbo is
browned flour and vegetable oil, then add water to form a sauce, no
dairy.