Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick Janet Bostwick is offline

Default one tomato plant not producing

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 16:22:27 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>On 8/4/2014 1:03 PM, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>> On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 13:46:48 -0400, "Gus" >
>> wrote:

>>> Where is a good place to buy a feather? And what department are they
>>> usually in?
>>>

>> Why mess with hand pollinating? Iffy at best. Try
>> http://tinyurl.com/ms5rhrc
>> natural ingredients, unless you like re-inventing the wheel?
>> Janet US

>This will keep your blossoms from falling off, but I don't think it will
>pollinate them. Our blossoms start falling off when it gets hot.
>
>Becca

I use it exclusively when we have successive 100F days otherwise I
would lose the entire middle of the summer for tomato production. You
need to spray as soon as the blossom looks fully developed. Don't
wait until the blossom is ready to fall off.
Janet US