Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default one tomato plant not producing

On Sun, 03 Aug 2014 07:07:13 -0400, Nancy Young
> wrote:

> I put the cherry and one mortgage lifter in one box garden,
> and another mortgage lifter as the only tomato plant in the
> other box. Maybe I should have keep like types together.
> Also I crowded the cherry and mortgage lifter, don't know what I
> was thinking. Still, I did get flowers.

There's something about flowers not "setting". Maybe that happened to
you. Looking up mortgage lifer tomatoes just wanting to know if they
were self pollinates... but I found out there several types within the
variety.
http://organicgardening.about.com/od...gagelifter.htm

More importantly, I learned there are determinate and indeterminate
tomatoes. Who knew? I guess commercial growers want the determinate
type and home growers want indeterminate.
http://organicgardening.about.com/od...atotypefaq.htm

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.