Wayne

Default Favorite seafood other than fish?

Kate Connally > wrote in
:

> Wayne wrote:
>>
>> As far as seafood, Shrimp, Lobster, Crab, Abalone, Crawfish, Clams,
>> Squid if it's fried, and Escargot. I don't even want to think about
>> any other seafood.
>>
>> Were you lumping fish in with this, too?

> Uh, no - see subject line. :-)

Okay. I was also going by your first statement:

"Okay, I just couldn't say crab is one of my
favorite "fish". Sorry."

>> If so, Perch, Pickerel, Cod,
>> Salmon, Catfish, Shark, Halibut, and Anchovies.
>>
>> I have a pretty conventional, if limited, palate for things that live
>> in water.
>>
>> Where do you put froglegs? I like those, too.

> I guess frogs that live in salt water would qualify
> if there even is such a thing.
>
> Freshwater frogs would not be "sea" food.
>
> I went through a phase when I was about 12 where I wanted
> frog legs for my birthday dinner. The first year my family
> tried to fool me with bantam chicken legs. I didn't know
> the difference because, *as everyone knows*, frog legs taste
> like chicken. However I found out later and was furious.
> The next year I had real frog legs for my birthday. They
> were okay as I recall. Never had them again until I was
> in my late 20's. I was underwhelmed and have not had any
> further cravings in that direction. Not sure I would even
> eat them anymore, I've gotten squeamisher in my old age.
>
> Kate

Well, I certainly draw the line beyond anything I already listed. I
really do like froglegs, however, especially fried.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.