Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default OT Fireworks

In article >,
says...
> There were still people in the Appalachians who didn't have indoor
> plumbing in the '60s.

And here. I spent the first two years of High School living in my
grandparents house that didn't have indoor OR outdoor plumbing (or even
a cold tap).Bucket lav in an (unlit) shed, emptied into the garden, and
every drop of water carried by bucket from an outdoor communal hand pump
shared with neighbours.

Well into the 1990's, in rural Scotland, our next door neighbour's home
had no water, no plumbing or sanitation, and no electricity; he fetched
every drop of water in a bucket from the river as his mother had before
him.

Janet UK.