Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fireworks

On 2014-07-06 1:02 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
> political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
> know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
> American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.

What fascinates me is how Americans are so intrigued by British royalty.
While the Queen is technically our head of state, basically a
figurehead position with no real power, most Canadians don't give a damn
about her and her dysfunctional family. The current monarch is basically
harmless, but has managed to lead a scandal free life, or at least to
give them impression of being so. He kids and heirs to the throne have
not led exemplary lives.