Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default OT Fireworks

On 7/6/2014 12:18 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>> Don't tell me the Royal Family isn't inbred?! <teasing> That seems to be
>> the prevailing stereotype.

> They used to be far more then they are now. They are allowing commoners
> in now - albeit fairly posh ones <g>

I don't really know much about the history of the UK and much of it is,
I'm sure, obscured simply by what I've see on television or in movies.
But wasn't Diana, Princess of Wales, technically a "commoner?"

Seems to me Royal marriages way back when were primarily done for
political reasons. And for the expansion of the kingdom. Again, I only
know what I've read about or seen on television or in movies. Being an
American, I tend to take those things with a grain of salt.

Jill