Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default OT Fireworks

On Sun, 6 Jul 2014 17:18:47 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >
> > I remember Mom and I visiting my aunt & uncle in 1980 in a very small town
> > called Mount Jackson, Pennsylvania. My cousin asked if we had paved roads
> > in Memphis, Tennessee. That had to be the silliest question I've ever
> > heard. Gee, yeah. We even have indoor plumbing! LOL

> Stereotyping eh?

There were still people in the Appalachians who didn't have indoor
plumbing in the '60s. No idea when things changed or even if they
have, but I do know there is grinding poverty in America that most
Americans choose to ignore - because you know, it's their fault that
they're poor. They're Takers as opposed to the Makes and the Pete C's
of the USA think all they need to do is get a job. Never mind that
the job market is still tight, even for the highly educated and that
Supply Side, Trickle Down Economics theory has never worked. They
blew that one right out the door by exporting American jobs to other
countries as soon as they had the chance.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ere-they-live/

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.