Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default OT Fireworks

On 2014-07-06, jmcquown > wrote:

> Dueling Banjos is a fine piece of music if you like that sort of thing.
> Here's a clip from the movie (hope you can see it):
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tqxzWdKKu8
>
> The boy playing the banjo was born with Downs Syndrome. The impression
> given in the movie is everyone who lives in the backwoods are inbred.

Nowhere is DS mentioned. Besides, DS is genetic, while inbreeding is
not. The music, which was done illegally (pirated) by a college
educated musician who was later successfully sued, was meant to show
that even "tards" could pick a mean banjo and the scene/song is often
held up as an example of the "us vs them" nature of those who we don't
want to be associated with by ppl who think they are our betters.

nb