Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pico Rico[_2_] Pico Rico[_2_] is offline

Default OT Fireworks

"Tommy Joe" > wrote in message
ImStillMags wrote:

> Don't try this at home.

The other night the cops appeared at my door telling me they found a dead
guy down the street and wanted to know if I had heard any shots.

"Yeah", I said, "but I thought they were fireworks."

I didn't like the way they were looking at me. They were the same two cops
who showed up two months ago when a dude was shot to death down the street
and they wanted to know if I had heard the shots.

"Yes", I told them that time, "but I thought it was coming from someone's
TV."

"Well, you're going to know without a doubt where this sound is coming from,
punk", boomed one of the cops while drawing his pistol as his partner
grabbed him by the shoulder and shook him gently, calming him by repeating
over and over, "It's just the 4th of July, Jack - forget it, forget it -
it's just the 4th of July........", as the trumpet-lead theme from the movie
China town edged in slowly and sweetly to wind down the drama.

TJ

did he kill you?