Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default TJ's Preserves

On Fri, 04 Jul 2014 13:02:49 -0400, James Silverton
> wrote:

> I noticed recently that Trader Joe's has a replaced their line of
> preserves with those from E.D. Smith of Winona, ON, Canada.

I haven't noticed that at my TJ's yet... I usually buy their Seville
Orange Marmalade - did it change too? I checked my stash, but I have
Dundee at the moment and it's exactly 1lb (454g).

> The jams are pretty good but I wonder why they use 17.5oz jars? That
> doesn't seem any likely metric measure either.

Like every other retailer, they're reducing the volume so customers
won't complain about a price hike.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.