Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Creamer potatoes are... - Was: Best side ever

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:38:33 GMT, "l not -l" > wrote:
>
>> I don't recall ever boiling potatoes; however, I do steam new potatoes
>> regularly. The result is similar to that I recall of the boiled ones my
>> grandmother made. Steamed or roasted, new potatoes are about the only
>> potatoes I eat - except the occasional french fry.

> I guess it's all with what you were raised with. I rarely buy red
> potatoes, because they don't ring any bells for me. Yellow are okay,
> but not my favorite. My favorite is russet. That's what my mother
> baked, she also boiled them for mashed and "smashed". I didn't like
> it when she got the brown, thinner skinned, not as fluffy potatoes to
> boil and mash or smash.
>
> To this day, when I buy a bag of potatoes - they are the russet
> variety.

My mom only ever bought Russet. Yukon Gold are my favorite or something
whose name escapes me. Similar inside but with a pinkish skin. Rose Gold?
Maybe. I don't really care for the blue ones. They're fine roasted in a
mix of potatoes but it's the color that I don't like. I do like that color.
I just don't like eating it.