Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best side ever

"Janet" > wrote in message
t...
> In article >,
> says...
>>
>> On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:50:29 +0100, Janet > wrote:
>>
>> >In article >,
says...

says...

>> > Oh, so you've never seen them either? They are cooked and served in
>> >their skins; it's too delicate to peel.

>> I wouldn't peel them anyway. I love the skin on new potatoes.

> IF some weird person did not like/want the skins on, all they need
> do is gently pinch a hot cooked new potato between finger and thumb and
> it will pop out of its skin bare nekkid. That's how fragile the skins
> are.
>
> Janet UK

That's not how these creamers were that I bought. Very tough skins on the
tiny things. I think the difference is that you grow your own. I was
watching some show on potatoes once. Victory Garden? I think. They
explained that if cooked when freshly dug up, the skins are very thin and
fragile. But let them sit for even a few hours and the skins toughen up.