Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Keys (WAS: The generational battle of butter vs. margarine)

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/20/2014 9:21 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:11:30 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> That's ridiculous. Have copies made.
>>>

>> They can't make a copy of the mail box key. We did get two. Husband
>> lost his and also my old van key.

> I'm going to regret asking... you live in a house yet you have to have a
> key for the mailbox? The only time I've ever seen that was in (some)
> apartment complexes. They'd have banks of mailboxes for each set of
> apartments in each building. Why would you need a key to the mailbox when
> you live in a house?

I guess you don't get out much then. Or you've never lived in a high crime
area. All of the military housing we lived in except for Cape Cod had
locking mailboxes. Our Cape Cod house had one on the outside of the house
next to the door! I couldn't believe that.

What we have is something along the lines of these:

http://www.lockingmailboxstore.com/i...&parent=4&pg=1

Not exactly the same as ours is older. Most houses here have this type as
well as most businesses.

I do see that they also sell individual locking mailboxes. I have no clue
how those work.