Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Keys (WAS: The generational battle of butter vs. margarine)

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 21:20:26 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 6/21/2014 3:29 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:12:55 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I'm talking iron gates;
> >> probably there is a call-box. Where I live where you can drive up and
> >> talk to a guard. That doesn't mean they'll let you on the island. LOL

> > That's why I said packages would be left with the guard at the gate.
> > No reason for the delivery people to waste any time driving around and
> > area that might not even be properly mapped on their GPS when
> > accepting packages is part of the guard's job.

> I wasn't clear. The guard isn't AT the gate. That much I do know.
>
> >> I don't know the rules at the other place. I do know it appears like a
> >> big hassel just to get your every day mail.
> >>

> > It didn't seem like a big deal to me.
> >

> Maybe you'd like driving a couple or three miles from your house to pick
> up your mail. I sure wouldn't. <shrug>

I don't see what the BFD is. Bills are paid online so it's not
mandatory to pick up mail every day. They pick up the mail when they
go outside the gate to shop or visit. So junk mail builds up in the
box. So what.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.