Posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Janet is offline

Default Best side ever

In article >, says...

> dalep wrote:
> >
> > Our "new potatoes" are usually two inches across. I did a little research and apparently our Trader Joe's sells tine potatoes. We just got Trader Joe's, so i will check it out. The potatoes at the restaurant were no more than one inch across. And yes, they were very tender and delicious.

> Red potatoes are very tender and delicious no matter what the size.
> You pay too much for the tiny 1" potatoes of any variety, imo.

I grow them, specially to eat tiny. The first lot are always eaten as
a plate of nothing but little baby potatoes, steamed with mint then
served hot with butter, sheer heaven.

Usually the first pick are ready to eat on the summer solstice, but it
was a cold spring so they are probably behind. Haven't looked yet :-)

Janet UK