Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Keys (WAS: The generational battle of butter vs. margarine)

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 13:12:55 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 6/21/2014 12:58 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:16:02 -0400, jmcquown >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> There is a waaaaay upscale gated community just opposite where I live.
> >> (IIRC, minimum five-acre lots, mostly water-front.) All the mailboxes
> >> are outside the gate by the main entrance. And no, they aren't very
> >> big. What a PITA that must be! Driving to get your

> > If it's a gated community, they probably leave packages with the
> > person at the gate and people pick up their mail when they are out and
> > about in the car or on their daily walk.
> >

> The keyed mailboxes are *outside* the gate.

I know.

> I'm talking iron gates;
> probably there is a call-box. Where I live where you can drive up and
> talk to a guard. That doesn't mean they'll let you on the island. LOL

That's why I said packages would be left with the guard at the gate.
No reason for the delivery people to waste any time driving around and
area that might not even be properly mapped on their GPS when
accepting packages is part of the guard's job.

> I don't know the rules at the other place. I do know it appears like a
> big hassel just to get your every day mail.

It didn't seem like a big deal to me.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.