Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default Keys (WAS: The generational battle of butter vs. margarine)

On 6/21/2014 12:58 PM, sf wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:16:02 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> There is a waaaaay upscale gated community just opposite where I live.
>> (IIRC, minimum five-acre lots, mostly water-front.) All the mailboxes
>> are outside the gate by the main entrance. And no, they aren't very
>> big. What a PITA that must be! Driving to get your

> If it's a gated community, they probably leave packages with the
> person at the gate and people pick up their mail when they are out and
> about in the car or on their daily walk.

The keyed mailboxes are *outside* the gate. I'm talking iron gates;
probably there is a call-box. Where I live where you can drive up and
talk to a guard. That doesn't mean they'll let you on the island. LOL

I don't know the rules at the other place. I do know it appears like a
big hassel just to get your every day mail.

Jill