Posted to rec.food.cooking
George Leppla George Leppla is offline

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

On 6/6/2014 8:01 AM, wrote:
> I had a deal with David, whichever of us went first we would give a
> sign to the other if there was something more. Nothing in 20 years now
> and David was the most reliable person you could wish for.

When my mother was dying, we talked about the afterlife and what she
thought it might be like. (Background - my Father was a verbally and
physically abusive alcoholic who made my Mom's life a living Hell. He
died about 15 years before she did)

Anyway, Mom said that she thought that Heaven would be a place where she
would get to be with my Father again... but they would be young and
healthy and happy and in love, like they were when they first met.

I told her that if she was expecting to see my Father in the afterlife,
she had better pack some asbestos clothing because if there was any
truth to the Heaven/Hell thing, he was going to be in a very warm place.

If one of us is right, I hope it was Mom.

George L