Posted to rec.food.preserving
bluechick bluechick is offline

Default Blueberries

On Mon, 02 Jun 2014 20:25:02 -0500, George Shirley >
wrote:

>A few years back I bought several heavy duty plastic baskets, square
>ones. Have been storing like things in them since. Two years ago or more
>we bought a bunch of flowers to dress up the yard at our old house and
>they came in plastic baskets that held six four by four inch plastic
>pots for flowers. Planted the flowers and ran the baskets through the
>dishwasher on a warm cycle and converted them into freezer baskets too.
>In addition I keep a chart taped to one side of the 15 cubic foot
>upright freezer that tells me where everything is. The only problem with
>the system is that my lovely wife just tosses stuff in the big freezer.
>I keep meat in the upright freezer part of the refrigerator and know
>where what is on which shelf. I get itchy if I don't have things
>organized. I may just be sick. <BSEG>

Ha! I always have the best of intentions regarding keeping things
arranged in the freezers. I have labels on 3 shelves in the
side-by-side freezer for Beef, Pork, Chicken and the 4th shelf gets
everything else like sauces, ice cream, etc. Frozen veggies and
fruits are sent to the upright in the basement. But it never fails
that there's no room on the Chicken shelf because I always fill it up
with homemade chicken stock or for some other reason. The Beef shelf
is now smaller as we eat less beef. So my organized freezer is a
disaster. Things go where ever there's room. Oh, well... I do like
your improvised freezer basket idea, though.

>George
>
>That's why tomorrow afternoon is "rearrange the big freezer day." T

I need to do that too! But I know it won't last long. *sigh*

perpetually disorganized bluechick