Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2014 22:27:45 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Sun, 01 Jun 2014 12:14:45 -0400, Dave Smith

>> > My friend's daughter had it when she was around 12 and besides all the
>> > usual places people can think of - it was in places you'd never think
>> > about... inside her nose, under her eyelids, in her throat. Sounded
>> > like a truly awful experience to me.

>> The TV commercials have shown people who had it on their legs and torso.
>> tried to get a shot and couldn't. They don't advise it for people under
>> 60
>> because it is only good for maybe 10 years.

> The shingles vaccine is approved for use in people ages 50 to 59 years
> and the CDC "recommends" it for people age 60+. So it's only good for
> 10 years, so what? You get a pneumonia vaccine every 5-10 years and a
> tetanus booster every 10 years, don't you? How is that any different?

It might be approved for that age but my Dr. won't prescribe it nor did the
pharmacist recommend it for my age. They both made it sound like you could
only get the shot once.

As for the chicken pox vaccine, that didn't come out in this country until
1995.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/When_was_c...ccine_come_out