Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT The one-legged cook is now a one-handed cook

On 6/1/2014 1:56 PM, Doris Night wrote:

> I asked my doctor about the shingles shot for myself and DH, and she
> told me it wasn't effective at all, and in fact could CAUSE shingles!

I think your doctor is misinformed. Not perfect, they can lessen the
effects.

> What you have to do is immediately go to the ER if you have shingles
> symptom - pain that is on one side of the body only. It can manifest
> on the abdomen, arm, or face.
>
> Doris

What is the ER going to do? We recently had a thread here about ER and
walk in clinics that are best suited to handle thing like that. Fast
treatment helps, but it is not life threatening. Save the ER for heart
attacks and auto accidents.