Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Blueberries

We hied off to a pick-your-own farm this morning and came home with
nearly nine lbs of blueberries. Picking were slim as there has been no
rain lately and it appears that the farmer hasn't been running his drip
irrigation system lately.

All rinsed off, green berries and stems tossed, sitting in the big
colander to partially dry. Tomorrow I will blanch the berries and then
can them in quart jars for use in pies and cobblers later. Got to make a
run to get some more Clear Jel, appears I don't have enough on hand.

No more room in either freezer. Seems I hit a sale on rib eye steaks
recently and they took up the space in the freezers. Golly, what a problem!

George