Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeßus[_3_] Jeßus[_3_] is offline

Default DNA Testing of Meat For Sale?

On Wed, 7 May 2014 19:31:36 -0700, Oregonian Haruspex
> wrote:

>On 2014-05-06 22:47:01 +0000, Jeßus said:
>
>> On Tue, 6 May 2014 21:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Oregonian Haruspex
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Best thing to do is to grow your own food and hunt / fish in unspoiled
>>> areas.

>> Welcome to my world

>I am no Nimrod (until the 1930s this wasn't a synonym for "moron" but
>instead meant "the best hunter who ever lived) but I try my best. On
>my list is a drilling with a 12 gauge barrel, a .30-06 or something in
>that class, and a .22, so I can carry one gun and hunt everything from
>squirrels to moose. Now I just have to convince my wife that a gun
>that costs at a minimum several thousand bucks is a good investment!

Well, they can be a good investment if you get the right one

I get by mostly with a .22, for bunnies and wallabies but sometimes
use a .22 magnum , also a high powered .177 air rifle for bunnies. I
don't have my own rifle for deer though, I'll have to do something
about that one day.