Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Slow cooking for the bean lovers

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 8 May 2014 12:57:39 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure I have seen an all bean mix here.

> Sure you have, the mixes come in various numbers but 15 or 17 bean
> mixes are the most common.

Oh! So you know what I've seen? I'm not even sure I can think of 15 types
of beans. Hang on. I'll look it up.

Amazon has a 13 bean soup mix. It clearly has split peas in it just like I
said. Not all beans. Nuts.com does have a 7 bean soup mix. Includes black
eyed peas.

This is what I used to buy. I got it at Lucky. We don't have Lucky here
any more and not sure I can get this here any more. It does have peas in
it. And the seasoning has hydrolyzed soy protein. That would be the reason
why I quit buying it.

http://www.hurstbeans.com/products/1/15-bean-soup

Frontier makes an 11 bean mix. Also has peas.
Bass Pro Shop has Uncle Bucks 5 bean. It has peas in it.

Sorry. I'm not seeing what you refer to.