bigwheel bigwheel is offline
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
On Monday, May 5, 2014 1:03:56 PM UTC-4, bigwheel wrote:
Should be pretty light textured. Did you follow the directions on the
box?

Yes. The instructions say to use vegetable oil, I used corn oil. Should that work?
Yep corn oil should be just fine. I'm thinking maybe you might not should have used the mixer on it. I went and got a Duncan Hines cake mix out of the cabinet. It says to "stir" it. I would try stirring next time and leave off with the mixer. Bet that might help. I know with cookies it really messes with the texture to use a mixer on it once the wet and dry comes together.