Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pete C.[_2_] Pete C.[_2_] is offline

Default DNA Testing of Meat For Sale?

sf wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2014 21:49:03 +0000 (UTC), Oregonian Haruspex
> > wrote:
>
> > My
> > opinion is that any farmer greedy enough to pass off poisoned meat and
> > produce to an unsuspecting public, while lobbying against effective food
> > safety standards, is a criminal.

> They do that while taking farm subsidies and government provided crop
> insurance. What a racquet. Their hand is out to the government and
> they're on the dole - but they can't make the mental connection that
> they're receiving welfare.

By all means stop all the subsidies and crop insurance. Wait a year or
so and see your food options dwindle to barely affordable imported crap
from China or completely unaffordable US produced foods.

What we need is more people growing their own food in backyard and
community gardens a.k.a. the old "Victory Gardens". Of course we have
allowed housing to be dense to the point that nobody has room to grow
anything, and where there is a little yard, we allow sickening HOAs to
prohibit growing anything edible.