Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown[_2_] jmcquown[_2_] is offline

Default how to turn false fronts into kitchen storage

On 5/6/2014 7:33 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 06 May 2014 17:09:03 -0400, Nancy Young
> > wrote:

>>> I couldn't make it out at first because when kitchen fronts here have a
>>> drawer front, usually it's the front of a real drawer :-)
>>>
>>> Are those false-drawer fronts usual in USA?

>> Understand that we are talking here about the sink cabinet.
>> The panels are for a consistent look but there is no room
>> for an actual drawer behind it. The sink is behind the
>> faux fronts.
>>

> Thanks, I just realized she and I weren't talking about the same
> thing.

I have two false drawer panels facing the kitchen sink. Yes, the sink
is right behind them.

I also have some false drawer panels on one side of the kitchen island.
When I first got here, silly me, I thought they were actual drawers.
Turns out the actual drawers side butt up right up next to the fake
panels when closed. They're some very long drawers.

The cabinets underneath in the kitchen island do have doors which open
on both sides. The cabinets are through and through. That is,
accessible from either side. Lots of storage space. Food items are
stored on the side closest to the stove. (I do have some organizers in
there, small lazy susan's for things like Worcestershire sauce,
teriyaki, small bottles of things I use sometimes.) My every day dishes
are stored in the other side of the cabinet, nearest the sink and the
dishwasher.

Jill