Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_7_] Nancy Young[_7_] is offline

Default Denver Restaurant Recommendations

On 5/6/2014 1:30 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-06 1:23 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
>

>>> You might be surprised at how many people are actually looking for
>>> McDonalds. Most of the time that I was working I was at the side of a
>>> road somewhere and several times I had people stop and ask me where was
>>> the nearest McDonalds. Those things are everywhere, and it is not just
>>> the locals who eat in them.

>> If I'm on the road, with a destination in mind, I'm going to want
>> fast food. I'm not looking for a real dining experience, just
>> some food as fuel. Of course there are exceptions, but I'm not
>> surprised people on the highway just want to know where to grab
>> a quick, no-surprises bite to eat and a restroom.

> Yeah,I guess there is that attitude. I agree that with McD's you know
> what you will be getting. My personal experience is that I know I will
> be suffering from gastric distress shortly after eating there. I have
> not eaten anything from McDs in a long time.
>
> However, the OP was about places to eat in Denver, not on the road to
> there.

Of course, I was responding to your comment about people asking
for MCD's on the road.

If I was in some hotel, I'd look it up on my cell phone or in the
yellow pages if some fast food chain was what I was looking for.
In n Out comes to mind. But, it doesn't fall under the heading
of asking for restaurant recommendations.

nancy