Posted to rec.food.cooking
William[_5_] William[_5_] is offline

Default DNA Testing of Meat For Sale?

On Tue, 06 May 2014 09:17:38 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Tue, 06 May 2014 11:44:03 -0400, William > wrote:
>
>> Is there any DNA testing going on in North America to verify animal
>> and fish species being offered for sale? I'm not that picky about
>> various types of animals and fish.
>>

>If we don't have proper USDA inspections of our meat processing plants
>- what makes you think we're going to get DNA testing?
>
>> I do wonder if chemicals used to
>> fatten up animals and fish can harm humans consuming them?

>Hello, Rip Van Winkle... where have you been the last 25 years?
>All you need to do is notice the statistics about early puberty in
>girls (USA).
>
>Synthetic growth hormones
>Antibiotics
>Steroids
>
>The obesity rate can also be attributed, at least partially, to it.

I suppose we should count on this organization to protect us from
unsavory meat, pork and poultry producers:

American Meat Institute
1150 Connecticut Ave, NW, Suite 122
Washington, DC 20036

It's good they are located close to Capital Hill! I still wonder just
how respectful those foreign meat, poultry and fish producers are of
our laws and regulations. I really don't think they care what our law
makers think, until our law makers are loading the bombers and fueling
them for an overseas excursion!

William