Posted to rec.food.cooking
dalep dalep is offline

Default Denver Restaurant Recommendations

On Monday, May 5, 2014 11:00:39 AM UTC-6, Goomba38 wrote:
> Denver Restaurant Recommendations Needed
>

> I have never been to Denver- need to know what local specialties there
>
> might be? Good places to eat?
>

> TIA
>
> Goomba

I live 2 miles from downtown Denver. Downtown favorites that are not chain stores a Panzano absolutely great food
Venice Downtown very good Italian
Sams3 A diner with great breakfast and generous cocktails
Elway's downtown or Cherry Creek, steaks good but not special
Keg Steakhouse A small chain with good steak and good prices

Outside of downtown there is East 17th Avenue that is restaurant row. Everything from diners to fine dining. This area is close to downtown and starts at the uptown area. The places on East 17th Ave a
Avenue Grill not as good as it was, but still good
Hamburger Marys OK it is a franchise but fun and great patio for afternoon
Humboldts new and very good
Gumbos moved from downtown a few years back, good Cajun food
Tony P's for pizza
Limon a Latin american bistro

On a summer eve we like to walk along 17th Avenue and go into the various places for a drink and an appetizer. It is a walk friendly area. We live on 17th Avenue just past the restaurant area, so we can walk on home, no driving.

One of the best restaurants in Denver is Mizuna - Great but expensive

Highland area and the HiLo area are up and coming with great local places.
Linger is a great place for drinks and small plates

Don't over think the decision. There are good restaurants all over town. Experiment and have fun.
Dale P