Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Denver Restaurant Recommendations

On 2014-05-06 9:20 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>> I said it because my son used to work in a hotel and that is what they
>> did. In fact, shortly after he started at the first one there was an
>> orientation evening and several of them were taken out for dinner and
>> drinks at a couple of them. What university student working their way
>> through school wouldn't be impress. The the last time I stayed in a
>> hotel the girl at the desk offered three suggestions. Then when we got
>> to our room and I looked through the literature in the room they had
>> information about those same three restaurants.
>>

> Doesn't matter to me if the hotel and restaurant have some sort of deal
> worked out. As long as the food is good, what's the difference?

I think that the difference is that they are telling you about what they
are being paid to tell you because of an arrangement they have with the
management or what they know from the extensive dining experience of
someone who is working in an entry level job. Most of them don't have
any direct knowledge of the local restaurants. It might be different in
a small town where they would be more likely to have eaten in all of the
few restaurants around.