Posted to rec.food.cooking
Yellow[_2_] Yellow[_2_] is offline

Default Question about pita bread

In article >,
says...

> On Sun, 4 May 2014 17:58:53 +0100, Yellow > wrote:
>

> > Each to their own.
> >
> > I put pitta bread in the microwave and heat slowly until it balloons,
> > creating the traditional picket to stuff and giving it a lovely soft,
> > chewy texture.

> How long does it stay that way? Do you use something like a tortilla
> keeper to hold it in the warmed state?

I just used them straight away. Need to make sure you do not over
microwave them though or they will go crispy but not in a nice way - so
heat just until they balloon.

I usually go for 20 seconds, open the door and turn and then microwave
again.

And I have just noticed my "picket" from before! Oh dear! I obviously
meant "pocket". Sometimes my figures move a lot lot faster than my
brain. :-)