Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_17_] dsi1[_17_] is offline

Default Snickers Salad

On Friday, May 2, 2014 10:26:32 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2014-05-02 3:40 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>

> >> I just can't believe that there are still people around who eat

> >> Cool-Whip.

> >> Many of these artificial wartime replacement foods are waning in

> >> popularity

> >> though, thankfully.

> > I don't think Cool-Whip is a wartime product. It's advantage over

> > whipped cream is obvious - it's a stable product that will keep in

> > your refrigerator for long periods of time.

> Maybe he is thinking of the Vietnam war, since it was introduced in
>
> 1966. Before that, most people's refrigerators did not have freezer
>
> sections big enough for stuff like that.

My idea of a wartime product is one that is introduced as a substitute because of resources diverted towards war makes the real stuff scarce or a product in a form suitable for use in the field of battle. I doubt that Cool-Hwip qualifies. The important part is that you're willing to give him the benefit of a doubt. That's nice of you. Me, I won't tolerate that.

:-)