Old 28-04-2014, 03:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
ImStillMags ImStillMags is offline
Banned

Default cooking bacon in water

On Monday, April 28, 2014 7:00:52 AM UTC-7, Sqwertz wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:07:14 -0500, Phyllis Stone wrote:

In one of the cooking magazines there are instructions for cooking bacon in

water. It says to put in skillet with enough water to cover. When the water

boils lower heat to medium. Once water is gone turn heat to medium low and

cook until crisp. Has anyone ever heard of this and tried it?

Yes. It leaches all the salt and flavor out of the bacon and leaves

it burnt onto the bottom of the pan. Stick with the oven-sheet

pan-optional rack method, especially if you want to cook any sort of

quantity (more than 7 ounces at a time).

-sw

what he said. I cook a lot of bacon at one time in the oven. Then I keep it in the fridge for uses all week. It's the best methodology for perfectly done bacon.